25 November 2007

Fixing Up the Traps

This afternoon I finally finished repairing the traps on the Cushcraft A3-S. The repair job hasn't really taken a lot of time, but other responsibilities have made it a long process. Basically I removed the trap, removed the old cracked caps, blew out the traps to clean out any debris, checked the set screw, replaced the caps with new ones, checked the DC continuity, scrubbed the ends with emery cloth, applied conductive paste, and returned them to their proper position. One of the hardest parts was tightening the hose clamps enough, and I did have to repace a few.

So hopefully I will be able to get the beam back up soon.

No comments: